The Hälssen & Lyon tea calendar features calendar days made from tea leaves.
I would not mind giving this a try.
Tears formed in my eyes just thinking about this.
This is neat!
Some people think that the British obsession with tea is a false stereotype but let me tell you that one time my mum and I had a massive argument and she made me some tea as a peace offering and I poured it down the sink and made my own cup
These are old tea advertisment posters that I found on an auction website. I don’t know much about them, but they sure are bloody hilarious.
|—||George Orwell (via mnemosyneindust)|
Cuteness stitch markers ever!!!
Wreck-It Ralph Teas!
So, I’m back, and with more tea! After seeing the movie, I really wanted to make some teas for Wreck-It Ralph. Plus, it’s been awhile since I’ve done any kind of pixel work, so this was a fun little experiment. Normally, I’d wait until after I’ve written up a description for the tea, but some of the teas I used are seasonal, and will only be available for Christmas time.
Wreck-It Ralph - Chocolate chai, masala chai, assam melody
Strong enough to break down buildings, but with a warm, sweet side. And did you happen to say chocolate was your favorite?
Vanellope von Schweetz - Cream, rooibos vanilla chai, candy cane, chocolate chips
Sugary sweet and minty, with a bit of spunky spice.
Fix-It Felix - Gingerbread, peach oolong, tiger eye
Warm and sweet, this tea is sure to give you the honeyglows something awful.
Sgt. Tammy Calhoun - Gunpowder, toasted mate, currant
Strong and in your face, this tea doesn’t take any guff. But there’s a bit of sweetness buried underneath all that tough-talking.
ALSO, here’s a $5 off coupon if you do decide to buy anything from Adagion, though it’s only good for 24 hours: 8396923032
Young Wizards is joining the fandom teas at Adagio.com! (Follow Adagio on tumblr!) My friend xiy is working on label art, though she’s quite busy, so it will come as it is possible. (xiy can be found at various places on the internet, but her art is here. Go follow her :) ) Other characters are in the works as well. Enjoy!
- Nita Callahan - Nita is generally easygoing, but has a bit of a kick if she gets steamed. Tastes of Rowan wands, green life, and powerful dreams. - earl grey moonlight, citron green, ginger with aniseed
- Kit Rodriguez - Warm, spicy, and sweet, Kit tastes like first meetings in the woods, long walks with Ponch, and adventures on Mars. - masala chai, chocolate, chocolate chip, with cocoa nibs
- Carmela Rodriguez - Carmela is sweet, smart, and suave, but not simple. Good for relaxing after blowing up the Crossings, or in anticipation of a little grenfelzing. - rooibos caramel, tiger eye, candy apple with cinnamon
- Ronan Nolan - Dark and Irish, Ronan takes on some extra power from the One’s Champion with mate and lapsang. Sure to keep you awake no matter what time an intervention takes place. - irish breakfast, mocha nut mate, lapsang souchong with cocoa nibs
- Filif - Bright green tea for everyone’s favorite Christmas tree, er, Demisiv, complete with berries. - raspberry green, forest berries, berry blast with lemon balm
- Sker’ret - Although more reserved, Sker’ret is strong and dependable, always good for a toasty pick-me-up, and sure to keep you alert enough even to manage a 33-hour Crossings day. - toasted mate, mambo, hojicha with cinnamon
- Roshaun ke Nelaid - Bright and tangy, this Sun Lord is a bit acidic and has no trouble giving you a piece of his mind, though he’s got a sweet streak underneath. - earl grey bravo, grapefruit, blood orange with marigold flowers
- Dairine Callahan - Dairine is dark and spacey, backed up with some red-headed, hot-tempered, young power. - assam melody, ginger, cinnamon with rose hips
- Ponch - Ponch is more than meets the eye. He is energizing and nutty, to help you keep up with all the squirrels that must be chased, and sweet and comforting, for when someone you love becomes something even greater. Blueberry tea can’t quite measure up to the Crossings’ blue food, but it’s pretty close. - assam melody, hazelnut, blueberry with raspberry leaves
- Machu Piccu - This bird-cum-Power can’t stay away from wordplay, so She will surely appreciate the peachy flavor of her namesake tea. - ceylon sonata, peach, rooibos peach with apple pieces
- Tualha - Creamy Earl Grey and forest berries for our silvan feline friend. Somewhat sweet, Tualha is smarter and more powerful than she looks. - earl grey moonlight, forest berries, vanilla with lemon verbena
- the Lone Power - The Lone One appears familiar and slightly sweet to all of us, yet It comes up dark, smoky, and mysterious. - assam melody, lapsang souchong, gunpowder with chocolate chips
ETA: If you are new to Adagio, I can send you a code for $5 off your first purchase! Drop a note in my manual :)
ETA 2: Sker’ret and Filif is sort of broTP for get-discounted-tea purposes, as Ponch and Peach are paired as “wizardly pets who are secretly Powers” for discounted-tea purposes
(blink) Tea. I HAS A TEA. In fact, numerous teas.